home /exhibition archive
- Adalberto Mecarelli 27.02.2010 - 06.06.2010Lux umbrae
Adalberto Mecarelli use the façade of the ancient hospital as surface for a work with the light. With beams of light he shapes also the spaces of the Archaeological Museum, interacting with the artworks exhibited.
- Francesca Woodman 25.09.2009 - 07.02.2010sms contemporanea, in collaboration with Espacio AV of Murcia and Estate Francesca Woodman of New York, releases a huge retrospective by Francesca Woodman, with photographs, some of them unpublished, and a rare selection of videos.
- Jenny Holzer, For Siena 28.02.2009 - 30.05.2009A spectacular light work by established American artist Jenny Holzer projected onto the façade of the Santa Maria della Scala.
- Cyprien Gaillard 13.12.2008 - 20.02.2009The first institutional solo exhibition in Italy of the work of the young French artist showed in the S. Ansano and S. Galgano halls and alongside the museum itinerary.
- Famous portraits of ordinary animals 13.12.2008 - 15.01.2009
- Gordon Matta-Clark 06.06.2008 - 19.10.2008A huge retrospective on the works of Gordon Matta-Clark, curated by Lorenzo Fusi and Marco Pierini in collaboration with the Estate of the Artist, is opened by the Siena Contemporary Art Centre in the new premises, following the move from Palazzo delle Papesse to the museum hub of Santa Maria della Scala, the prestigious group of cultural institutions situated opposite the Sienese Cathedral.